3.23.2009

Bricks...

I got hit with a brick. Literally. My boss, who is like a brother to me, well, we were on a fun run (jumping on rocks through creeks, climbing walls, running on/over downed trees on our property) and we toss rocks/logs back and forth to work our upper body at the same time. Really, it is "grown-up" play-time while getting a hard cardio workout at the same time. Kids have it right. Get out in the woods and run hard and laugh hard. For us it generally involves a lot of laughing and is humorous to watch other people. I had a particularly hard time jumping a wall/sign. Well, Dailey, which is his name, tossed a brick, because that is what we were tossing at the time, to me, at the same moment that I stumbled over a rock. I caught the brick, but not quite soon enough. It had enough momentum to hit me in the teeth as well. Kinda funny huh? I will say, that I stopped for a minute, spit out the tiny chips of enamel and finished the run. Gotta man up, you know? Can't let a brick stop you.

Conclusion: Apparently, I can't play dodge ball, because I can't dodge a brick. "If you can't dodge a brick, you can't dodge a ball."

No comments: